So I know I’m two months late giving my half-year update on these resolutions that I do my damned-est to stick by. And now that the new school has started, I’m more
determined that ever to stay with them.
1. Getting my kids to school on time REALLY means get Mr. Nathan to school on time. We now “leave” at 8am. A full 15 minutes before we have to at the bell. THIS WAS A GAME CHANGER! He hasn’t been late since January and I don’t receive any more calls. This is what we call a modern day miracle.
2. Photograph kids, family, travels, once a month without using my iphone. Cough. Cough. I’ve photographed my recent trip to Croatia, Montenegro and Ireland which included family, but not my kids. Sigh. Halloween is just around the corner though and I do that EVERY year. Maybe I should stick with a once a year resolution?
3. Take a video editing class. Done. Now if I could just practice what I’ve learned and actually add it to my skill set…
4. Swim 2-3 times per week during Spring and Summer. Mission accomplished. Although, now that school has started for Mr. Nathan, summer finished sooner that I would have liked. I REALLY need to figure out how to swim before work because it’s the perfect start to my day.
5. Save at least $1500 a month. Bah ha ha. Well, I did try for the first couple of months and simply was stretched too thinly financially. So I adjusted to something a bit more reasonable like $500 and I haven’t felt it yet. So…that’s something right?